Monday 18 January 2010

Haiti.

Heres a story.
Remember that Dries Von Noten jumper I was totally throwing up over? I found a completely amazing sort of similar one in All saints spitalfields. like totally totally perfect, and reduced from £85 to like, £33! like crazy! so nice. So Im thinking yeah, Im gonna buy that shit.

Heres another story.
On 12th january 2010, an earthquake measuring 7.0 on the richter scale hit Haiti. The capital city was devastaed, and tens of thousands - maybe hundreds of thousands - of people; men women children, were killed. Millions more were left injured and homeless. On top of all of this, gangs have started forming from the escaped prisoners meaning now no one can be safe.

So instead of buying this jumper, instead I decided to donate my days wages to Unicef and Oxfam. It might not have been much in the grand scheme of things (£50), however together we can do more. I urge everyone please to donate what they can to the people of Haiti.


UNICEF


MEDICINE SANS FRONTIERS (UK)


MSF international

DEC


OXFAM



 





Thank you for reading.

Please leave a comment if you have donated... I'll send you some cute shit.

4 comments:

  1. I've donated £20 to MSF
    woop woop
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh damnit... i thought £20 was alot...
    how much did you give in the end toby?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. £20 is alot! Everything helps.

    I donated £5 to oxfam, £5 to DEC and £40 to Unicef

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete