Thursday 7 January 2010

Arielle de Pinto - make me a Monster



Hey Mofos. OK yes I am back but I am half way through this bastard essay (1000 words left ugh) so I do deserve a break. And also do you know how annoying it is trying to write an essay with no backspace key, no left key and a green line permenantly down your screen? it is very annoying.

SO do you remember that mask I knitted a while ago? Well I was just perusing the interwebs, when I came across (via AnOther Loves) the wonderful work of jewellry designer Arielle de Pinto. WOW! She has created this completely amazing hand made technique working with metal, where I guess she sort of knits it? or like crochet? I literally have no idea, but it is so beautiful. Sort of like when you go into antique shops, like the sort of ones that just have rooms and rooms of assorted junk, and like in the corner you find this one beautiful musty dusty creation and its just lovely. yeah, thats what its like. The new 2010 collection carries over key styles and looks from the 2009 collection, however with the help of a really stunning look book, it is like the pieces are compleely transformed into something from a weetzie bat dream. Im especially drawn to the monster mask, but I would love any other of the pieces, so gooood.







 


 

All images from Arielle de Pinto's website www.Arielledepinto.com - check it out yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment