Friday 8 January 2010

Floral Plans



Hey woops, sorry for that last post I guess it was kind of a bit agressive. But you know I do like to swear, and you know I was proper pissed and upset about the tickets selling out soooooo... yknow deal with it.

Anywayanywayanyway, its time for a complete change of tempo. I was just looking through my fantastic book Modern Menswear that I got from the Borders sale (:( ) and it got me to thinking again about that shirt I just bought. Yknow I really do love it and plan on wearing it lots and lots, so it was nice to get some inspiration for a few outfit ideas. The above image is Blaak S/S 07 and I just love the dreamy quality of the images as well as the shirts. Androgony is totally my bag, and I think with something like my shirt its great to play up to that. I especially love the idea, as I said before, about pairing that with something hard and dangerous like my spikey bike bag and big black shiney boots.


This next image is of course wonderful Dries Van Noten, from A/W 07/08. I just utterly LOVE the sheerness of the deconstructed sweater over the pattern of the collared shirt. This is definately something I would like to try to make if I find some nice fabric. the huge neck is also wonderful, as I love to play with proportions (usually baggy on top, skinny down below, yagetme?).


This last image is Paul Smith S/S 07 and of course you know I love it for that amazing necklace. I really believe that amazing accessories can make an outfit even better, and statement necklaces are what Im all about. I really really really really would love love love love to own this piece.

All images scanned from Modern Menswear by Hywel Davies.

No comments:

Post a Comment