Tuesday 18 May 2010

When you sneeze they say JESUS!


WOOPS. Sort of broke my promise there didnt I? O well, only a day late...
Well I thought I'd show you a few pictures from my vaycay in Espana as my first post back. it feels like FOREVZ since I last blogged!
I can't remember if Ive blogged about it before (I probably have since I love talking about myself so much), but Im pretty much obsessed with collecting religious merchandise. It all started with a very plastic nativity set I bought from a jumble sale when I was like 13 or something, and it grew from there. With the love and support of my BFF Beatriz, and SOMETIMES Eliza too, Ive collected everything from glass virgin marys to Jesus playing cards.
For me, its not about them being religious and its not even like an ironic thing or anything, mainly its just because its all SO NICE to look at. Ive got some bracelets and stuff that are so pretty. Anyway, its cool coz countries like Spain are proper into thier iconography (Bea has sent me so much from there) so I was excited about finding some for myself. I hit a jackpot!!!
OK so aparently these sort of things are like, ALL OVER Spain, but it still felt like a little secret place wen I stumbled acvross it (Actually I went past it on a bus and then made Kieran hike up a massive hill with me to find it again...). Literally something like this COULD NOT EXIST in England. We love to smash things.
O HAI SHRINE.
Jesus sorta creeped me a BIT, but Mary has always been one of my favourite religous characters so I thought she was just LOVELY. and how amazing to encorperate two of my favourite things: religious imagary, and WAX WORK MODELS!!!! (well, they probably werent wax...).
We snuck round the back to see if there was a door to get inside so I could take better pictures, but instead we were greeted with THIS! For me it felt like discovering 30 strangers' secrets all at once.
Just lovely.

1 comment: