Sunday 21 March 2010

I Was a Beach Boy in My Youth.


Hai there, only me. Continuing my theme of posting about something everyone else in the world already has, only with more swears and worse grammar. Thats how I roll, bitches.
The new interview for Vice with Karl Lagerfeld is srsly one of the funniest/surreal interviews I've read in ages. Definately the strangest KL interview I have ever read. But then you would have to trust Vice to bring out this side of anyone... He is also interviewed by Bruce LaBruce, so maybe that says it all?
I have to say I have a Love/Hate sort of feeling towards Karl. Micheal K on Dlisted calls him Kunty Karl and I don't think thats exactly undeserved. However you also cannot deny the man is also fucking hilarious which sort of makes you forget how much of a cunt he is being and instead want to stand up and clap, knowhatimean? Anyway throughout the interview I changed my opinion of him more times than a costume change on Roseanne...
Anyways you can READ THE FULL INTERVIEW HERE.
Here are some of my favourite quotes, great reading on a sunny sunday morning.

I’m a little shortsighted, and people, when they’re shortsighted, they remove their glasses and then they look like cute little dogs who want to be adopted.

I knew Francis Bacon; he was the sweetest man in the world, like a Middle English lady with the finger up drinking tea in Monte Carlo.

I don’t like that people butcher animals, but I don’t like them to butcher humans either, which is apparently very popular in the world.

[On Fur] If you cannot afford it, just forget about it. Don’t use it as an investment piece to show people how rich you are. Use it like a cheap knitted thing. It’s like a big stone. Lucky you that you can have a big stone, but if it troubles you financially to have the stone, don’t have the stone. 

When I’m on the phone I talk, but I really want to be alone to sketch, to work, and to read. I am reading like a madman because I want to know everything. 

There are very few important things, and they are not possessions.  

There was a famous man who had written about flies and insects, and I’m like the one who watches the insects. I prefer to see how drugs work on others. And I cannot smoke cigarettes. I need my hands for something else. When I was 14 I wanted to smoke because my mother smoked like mad. I wanted to smoke to look grown-up. But my mother said, “You shouldn’t smoke. Your hands are not that beautiful and that shows when you smoke.” 

Brilliant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment