Thursday 3 September 2009

Those Basterds.

Oh hai. Ya still on a proxy so its just more boring words from me today.
I went to see Inglorious Basterds last night. It was good but I have a few bones to pick with it. I dont know maybe if you havent seen it and plan to see it and dont want it spoiled for you, maybe you shouldnt read.


OK. So dont you think that the actual hero of the story is Melanie Laurents character? Well I totally felt this so its such an injustice that she is barely mentioned anywhere in the promo for it. Everyone is busy throwing up over Brad Pitt when really he doesnt seem much a character of substance at all. I think he is pretty bad in it but his character is the main problem. I mean he is supposed to be the lead? but his character has no history or anything. its just him leading these people for no real reason. I mean obviously there is a reason, but not a personal one. If that makes sense. I think Melanie's character however has a real good story to it, interesting and really well acted. Plus of course in the grand scheme of things it is her who gets things done in the end. The other characters just mess it up. I also think its so unfair how they put her in that red dress at the end which is really awful on her. I like her styling up to then though. Although her hair is just awful all the way through and I dont know what they were thinking.

Secondly Diane Kruger is really great in it, but once again its so unfair how she is billed abouve Melanie. Also her death scene was SO frustrating. You know that if it had been real her character would have faught back alot more. she had more strength than that I am sure. I added that to my list of many other sexist moments in the film. It was a very sexist film, I think. Although mainly for the reasons which I have just spoken about.

I thought the 'gory' moments were ok although I thought there would be more so it didnt bother me that much. It never does though, I am definately one of those de-sensitized people that can watch most things without flinching. I liked the reactions from some of the other audience members though.

So OK it was very good and I enjoyed it alot and this was definately supposed to going to be a positive review but then I just thouhgt of all those other things that Id been thinking about while watching it so it made me forget the rest. OH YEAH! its really funny! it really is. and the story is really great and so is the dialogue and also there is some good acting in there especially from Laurent and Kruger, so it is worth seeing, if you havent already.

anyway I aint exactly a film critic so ya know just go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment