Wednesday 23 September 2009

Fashion Vs Art

Yesterday it so happened I was forced to choose between two of my lifes loves, art and fashion. Yesterday was the one LFW event I had been able to get an invite for. I had also been invited by one of my fine art tutors, Susanne Clausen, to be an extra/performer in a new film project she was making.
In the end I decided to go with the latter. I think Ive pretty much bogged myself down with as much fashion as I can get in the last few weeks so I thought it would be a refreshing change. Im pretty sure I made the right choice. So far filming has been a good experience. Hard work - and Ive got the scrapes and aches to prove it - but rewarding and a good experience. And althought Im not completly sure in my head about the concept of the piece, it is slowly coming together in my head and I can really get into it. Costumes have been made by another of my tutors, Christine Ellison (aka Polly Fibre), and theyre pretty sweet. sort of like long simple tunics in various colours, bright neon aprons, and (my favourite part of the outfit) metallic skull caps with ear flaps. I took a few pictures today, ill try and get some more tomorrow. you get the picture.
Siobhan is also involved in the project.

Check out the Szuper Gallery website for other video projects by Susanne and Pawlo. www.szuper.org

3 comments:

  1. whahaha funny!

    One Love,
    Jowy
    www.iseejanemary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me photo rights? ha ha. I loves it.Look like a nerd. You look grrreat

    Forced? Gosh you're dramatic. You defo made the right choice. xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete