Sunday 7 February 2010

Yo my life is like a videogame

SO.
Yesterday Me and Arianne decided to get up like crazies at 5am and head on down to the Angels costumiers retro warehouse sale!!! I hate the word retro though, don't you. Its right up there with 'wacky'. Anyway, we arrived in North Wembly after an array of perfectly timed trains busses and tubes just before 8. The que was pretty much the most crazy bones thing ever. Originally we had planned to get up about 3am to make the 4.40 train to paddington. LUCKILY however, through her amazingness and mad skillz (competition winning), Arianne managed to get us que jump plus free entry... amaaazing. Im no good with measurements and all that but it took us a few minutes just to walk past the que. I heard that the people at the front had got there at 11pm the previous night, and others had got there at 3am. insaaane. So I guess I felt a little bad walking on past them straight to the front, but really I am a cold hearted machine when it comes to shopping so these feelings didnt last long. It actuaklly was so good being let in early because I was pretty desperate for a wee and so sneakily used the facilities hehehe. You needed to know this. Anywho, as well as que jump we were allowed into the warehouse 15 minutes early to look around, however we werent allowed to touch or rummage through any of the boxes, but it was good because we were able to suss out where the things we wanted were, and we also saw all the things from Susie Bubble's video  which was cool. (Arianne actually managed to get her mits on the lace beauty at 0.23 in that video... I klnow this was something alot of people were after. JOY!) , however the sheer scale of the warehouse left us feeling way overwhelmed, we definately felt afterwards that we hadnt used our time well enough.
So half 8 came and we were let loose, I ran straight for the furry swiss army box bags (as seen in the video), Id been able to spot the best looking one and that was my first find. Foir a couple of minutes as people filed into the warehouse I was alone in the military jacket section... it was very surreal but really nice being able to casually pick the best stuff (including a devine cape). However this was not the case for very long and soon it turned into the shopping centre of hell or something... I was still feeling so overwhelmed with the size of the place and amount of stuff that I was finiding it difficult enough as it was to fill my bags, but with the huge crowds of scrambling people this was made twice as difficult. Injuries were sustained indeed. In fac, two friends (who I guess Id sort of forced into coming, woopsie) left empty handed.
However, soon enough I got into my stride, and after just over 2 hours of rummaging, with lots of selecting trying on and putting back, with my arms aching, my back aching and my legs aching, we managed to get out of there. Arianne bought one £20, doing well filling it with the lace number as seen in the video, a rad 70s floral high necked dress, a fab boater hat, and some more things which Ive forgotten. I don't think she was as brutal as me but she still came away with some great choice pieces, which I think it was its all about.
As for me I was trying to find wearable pieces that I could slot easily into my wardrobe while still making somewaht of a statement, as vintage clothing does so well. I came out with a £20 bag and a £50 bag (mainly due to the size of my furry bag,  crammed full with treats, priobably could have just filled 2 £20 bags without it). AND THIS IS WHAT I BOUGHT:

SILVER SHOES. To begin with I was in distress, unable to find any shoes that fit me, then I found these! love them! Ive already worn them out, theyre so rad, and make a really satisfying click when I walk.
For some reason I fell in love with this battered little purse. It needs alot of care and attention, but I just love it. I might use it in my next film.


 

This is my duffel cape. soooo nice. nice and big and warm with rad buttons and an insane hood. JUST what I have been looking for in my life.

AND THESE!!!! THESE SHOES!!!
OK so I had it in my head that if I just found one piece that I LOVED, then I would be happy.... these are it! I swear you guys, its destiny. I saw them in the box, grabbed them (almost half heartedly, thinking they wouldnt fit), and realised they looked my size! after a few minutes of awkward trying on (I had big socks on) it was confirmed! and they were allll mine. I love them so, theyre so unusual and really nice quality. plus theyre like brand new, look how unworn they are! In fact, I looked them up when I got home, and theyre still available to buy (HERE)... for like two hundred euros!!!! CRAZY BONES!!!!

I also got 6 shirts, another bag, my furry bag, and 2 aviator caps. More about those another time.

Sorry this has been a shit load to read, snaps if you made it. I love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Holy FEck...I'm so jealous! I was being a lazy bones and simply couldn't be arsed to go down there....FOOOOL! If ever you decide to part ways with the cape or the furry suitcase/backpack/box I'll sure give it a loving home! x

    ReplyDelete