Wednesday 17 February 2010

Just what I needed.

Rodarte F/W 2010, lovely. I was seriously beginning to worry about you, New York.
The beginning of the collection definately presented all my  favourite looks. It makes me want to throw on like 10 random layers and drape everything over myself.
The above pieces were also stand out for me, I just looove the prints, and how floatyness of them while still having the feeling of being wrapped up tight in a warm blanket. I'd like to run through a frosty wood wearing something like this, you know what I mean?
 
On the Style.com review it mentions about how they were thinking about thier mexican heritage for this collection, and I love how theyve translated that feeling. I guess it would have been easy for them to go down some tacky poncho dress route, but instead they were inspired by ideas of traditional craft, and I loves that. I also love the subtle mexican totem eagle pattern on the top left look? Well thats how I translate it anyway?


 
OK, so maybe towards the end of the show there were pieces that might have been filla rather than killa (not the pieces above, Ilovethem), but there was still plenty that I adored so this has definately been one of  the best of NY so far. Like I said before, maybe I just need to snap out of this lull feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment