Tuesday 6 October 2009

oh-oh-oh I'm on fire



^^^ from last night... I didnt take this... but yeah yay!!!!

OH MAN YOU TOTALLY HAVE TO GO SEE BAT FOR LASHES. srsly she is absolutly one of my favourite live performers, she is amaaazing. Her stage presence is like electricity (wow cliche, whatev), and her voice is just as good if not better than on record. And her costume was amazing too. I know thats not really important to her but I mean I guess it does create the whole live experience. basically it was a black long sleeve leotard, which I dont usually co-sign so much as a stage costume since everyone does it and its sort of boring, but she did it way well. like i said it was long sleeve with cool vertical chest panels, cool shoulers and the back was all drapey and sweet as. I dont really know who it was by but it was quite familiar to me. Anyway what made her outfit really special was this amaaaazing sparkly cape she wore over the top. I LOVE CAPES. like really so bad. so that was rad rad rad. and her band was pretty sharp too.
Anyway her music is so good live definately even better than on record. its like tribal with big drums and electricity (did i already say that?) and just awesome awesome awesome. I cant tell you enough how awesome it was. I didnt have my camera (BS) so no pics from the gig until somewhere else does a review and i can steal them.
OH and she did this amazing encore where she did a duet with a recording of herself on video. difficult to explain how cool this was.

Anyway I am just now trying to listen to her again but its a battle.

STOP PRESS!!! just found this recording of her encoure on youtube. its not the best recording but you get the idea yo.



(shes changed out of her costume by now)

more vids from last night: (WAY GOOD QUALITY!)

No comments:

Post a Comment