Wednesday 21 October 2009

FREEZE!


So this last weekend was the Frieze Art Fair in Regents park. Basically its a fuckoff massive event where about 150 contemporary galleries showcase works and try to sell sell sell them.
Me and Siobhan headed on down there to see what the hell was going on, and I must say we were a little underwhelmed. Is that the right word? anyway what I meant is its not as good as I thought it would be. It was my first year going so I dont have anything to compare it to, but I dunno, I just expected more. The first problem is that it is toooooooo big. Also considoring how big it is youd think there'd be a bit more of a varied selection of work... But I swear everything looked the same.


OK dont get me wrong its not completely awful, and as an art lover I did enjoy seeing some of the pieces, its just not as good as I thought ok. The pictures are of some of the sculptures that were outside, Im not sure who they were by. Siobhan took lots of pictures inside which I'll put up as soon as she sends.

So yeah it was a fun day out, its just that we felt a bit like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment