Monday 10 August 2009

Looks like a ghost...

Oh I know its bad making two posts so close together but I meant to write about this a few days ago and keep forgetting.

SO last week I was biking to my friends when I came across a dead red squirrel. I was so pissed I didnt have my camera because it was like the perfect find for me right now. Im not really sure where my current taxidermy work is going, but I just know I could have really used it. All I had was my phone so I did take loads of pictures but theyre quite bad quality. Still nice to look at though, don't you think? I don't know maybe Im alone on this, I cant explain it. Its sort of a mixture of a morbid fascination as well as a magpie eye for furry things. Ive been thinking alot about death and the way people and animals are treated after death. The way people use a persons death, how they deal with it, how the dead person changes physically and spiritually. I don't know its sort of a mess in my head, but I would still like to share these pictures. Hope ya not squeamish... although like I said theyre nice pictures...

To be honest I quite like the effect of the bad quality images. There are lots more but of course I don't want to be posting them all at this stage.
When I was biking back I saw it had moved into the middle of the road. I had buried it under some cut grass as I planned to return the next day and do something with it. The light was fading fast at this point...

Looks like a ghost.

Oh also when I got back I stroked a wild rabbit. crazy.

Maybe its just me but that picture sort of reminds me of a Munch painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment