Thursday 14 April 2011

Seamus Murphy for PJ Harvey



Seamus Murphy has created a video for each of the songs on PJ Harvey's new album and I think the collaboration is so wonderful and so perfect it has brought a completely new element to Let England Shake which makes me love it even more. There is so much beautiful imagary cut and pasted into each film, with such a tender quality, I feel I can completely understand his eye and why each shot was chosen.
So far The Colour of the Earth (above) is my favourite of the films, I love the awkwardness of the opening shot, and then all of the shots of the animals - both alive and dead - speak to me in many different ways. So far 8 of the 12 are available to view through PJ's youtube, and Im sure the rest will follow shortly. There is an interview with Murphy on the AnOther website, while you can view some of his photography from recent exhibition A Darkness Visible: Afghanistan here.

No comments:

Post a Comment