Friday 30 April 2010

My favourite colour is fluorescent beige


I'm probably the last person in the entire world to blog about this, but I just watched PRECIOUS and I just wanted to talk about it, OK?
Its completely strange because for some reason this film has managed to slip through the UK mostly unoticed. Im pretty sure it had limited release at cinemas, and there definiately was not much press about it except in magazines like Dazed.
You know, I have to say I pretty much loved it. Despite feeling completely drained emotionally after it. I also had to pause a few times for a little break. Gabourey Sidibe is totally outstanding as the lead (and deffo should have won the oscar. Its so rare that these types of performances come about, why did they give it to vanilla old Sandra? I still love miss congeniality though but anyway i digress) and Mo'Nique absolutely deserved all the attention her role gained her. Did she actually win every single award she was nominated for? I think its a shame that Paula Patton wasnt nominated for any awards as her role, especially when Mariah Carey was for her teeny tiny part. I also loved all of the girls in Precious' class, especially Joann, whose style is just AWESOME.
Anyway Im starting to feel like Im not saying anything new about this, so Im just gonna leave you with the trailer and urge you to watch if you havent seen already. ALSO the soundtrack is awesommme.

No comments:

Post a Comment