Sunday 8 November 2009

Style Icon #1: Mary Zophres



Hey mofos. Sorry I haven't had much to write about recently.... expect a BARRAGE of posts now. yes, a barrage.

So I was thinking about some of my personal style icons. Basically the one person I have pretty much based my entire life on is Enid from Ghost World. yes yes yes I know this is starting to become a complete geek blogger cliche, but let me assure you kids that I was definately one of the first. It started a long time ago.
Anyways I was thinking, although it is the life and style of enid that I definately am obsessed with, I have to pretty much realise that she is just a character cooked up by Dan Clowes, and styled for film by another person. Therefore I thought Id do a bit of research to find out who this mystery wonderstylist is, and found that the film was styled by Mary Zophres... further research found that she has basically styled like every one of my favourite films, pretty much. And so this post is homage to all that damn good styling in all those damn good films. clicky here for a full list. now check it out...


Ghost World



No Country for Old Men



The Big Lebowski



Burn After Reading

YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment