Saturday 25 April 2009

My quest for chocolate elegance


At the moment I am obsessed with nice treats, probably more than usual.
This week I was way happy when someone lovely bought me this cute little furry lindt bunny. its so cute, like a luxury easter treat.
In terms of dining I am currently working my way through Waitrose's elegant selection of boxed chocolates and treats. Yesterday I tried thier vegeterian sushi which was delicious and probably one of the best store bought sushi packs ive had, mainly for this delicious tofu block thing thats in it. I dont actually know what it was but it was very tasty. I ate it in the cinema (we went to see Mosters Vs Aliens 3D which was very fun and easy viewing). Yesterday I also got some Mason Blanc Macaron Parissien. Now I have wanted to try macarons for SO long. Ive particuarly longed to sample the laudree counter in Harrods. However I made do with these ones (see above), which are just under £7 for a box of 12. Now, let me tell you these are fucking AMAZING. like nothing ive tasted before. So delicious and luxurious. Im so getting them again, despite the hefty price tag.
A while ago I also got some Prestat chocs from waitrose, which retail at just under £13 for a box of around 12. I must admit for the price I was a little dissapointed with the taste of many of these chocolates, however the box they come in is lovely, and they do taste quite expencive, which is what you would want. Although I woundnt ever buy these for myself, I would be happy to recieve them as a gift!
Finally today I got some Charbonnel et Walker Pink Marc de Champagne Truffles, which are described as Lightly dusted pink coloured truffles with a milk chocolate butter and marc de champagne centre. They were £9.99 once again from waitrose. I havent yet tasted them but they look stunning in thier little round pink box. You only get 8 in a box, so im hoping for the price they taste amazing! I think I might have one now actually, theyre tempting me too much.... oh wow... yes! ohmygod soooooo delicious!! very rich, very filling, definately a one-a-day treat! Im not sure about the price tag, however the exclusiveness of them definately adds to the tasting experience. love them!
So save ya pennies kids, because at the end of the day its so much more satisfying saving up and eating 8 delicious truffles than paying the same amount for 10 chocolate bars you can have anytime you want.
Das all yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment