Thursday 13 January 2011

Marnie Weber is awesome.

 GUESS WHAT!! Ive pretty much finished writing my dissertation!!! Its been a chain around my neck for like, 6 months, but FINALLY in just one weeks time I will be handing tat shit in and saying goodbye to it FOREVER. Well at least until I get my marks back in June and realise how bad I am at writing. Oh wait, I already realise that. Anyway, ramble ramble.
SO, the one good thing about writing this little fucker is that Ive been able to do lots of reading about all my favourite artists, Ive had to watch lots of Harmony Korine films and probably the best thing has been finding cool artists I didnt know about. YAY!
And  the best of these has been amazing sculpture/collage/video/performance artist Marnie Weber, who recently had (actually its still on for another 3 days) an exhibition in a mauseleum!! cooooolll!!!!
I could pretty much fill this whole thing with her rad images but I think thats pretty rude so instead you should go to her website which is HERE. However here are a few just to intice you. Im mainly drawn to her animalistic pieces which lucky for me is most of them, yay.




woah.

2 comments:

  1. so quirky


    www.pinstripeprince.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the little oink oink in antlers. i'm glad ou finished yourr dissertation and had such a shit but fun job completing it! how'd you do? :)

    ReplyDelete