Friday 23 July 2010

Tomorrow, in a year.

Some good shit is going down this week coming at the Barbican Theatre. On 27th and 28th July the venue will play host to Hotel Pro Forma's electro opera, with music by The Knife in collaboration with Mt Sims and Planningtorock. The piece, Tomorrow, In a Year (gaah I love love love the title so much) is based on Charles Dawin's Origin of Species, and it sounds fucking INSANE.

I have to say, opera is really really not my thing. Me and my mum went to one by accident once (long story) and actually left the theatre in the inteval coz srsly it was proper awful. HOWEVER I think this could be the production to convert me.
Olof Dreijer (of The Knife) says ' One of my first ideas was to make music completely out of fish recordings. But that was super-direct. It was animals sounding like drum machines and that wasn’t about evolution. Evolution is about everything.' insaaaaaaane.

Yeah, I really wanna go.

No comments:

Post a Comment