Friday 11 December 2009

Borders... Sadness/Happiness.

OK, I know everyone has been throwing up about the recent borders liquidation NIGHTMARE (NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!) so I'm not going to go on about it too much, although I must say when I walked in this morning to empty shelves and general BARENESS. You see, like many, my main problem is I am a complete unashamed magazine obsessive. Glossy paper is my drug, Borders is my dealer. YA GET me? SO YES, I am SAD SAD SAD about it all. But Im not gonna lie, the 40% off has made me very happy.
(Does this make me a bad person?)
The first book Im going to share with you is this, "NOT IN FASHION" by MARK BORTHWICK, a wonderful coffee table book of some of his sweet as pictures. check it out kids. sorry about the bad pictures... Im going home tomorrow so its going to be a total SCAN FEST for tyhe next few weeks, totally taking full advantage of that.....


The book is split into two parts. The first part is a combination of poems and paragraphs mixed in with this wonderful photography, as seen in the pages of Purple and Italian Vogue.
 

The second part is exerts from scrapbooks, and is personally my favourte part of the book:




 







I don't really know much about his work, so I don't knwo when the book was first published or anything like that. All I know is I likes it. Oh and I did recognise this picture. Do you?

1 comment: